You've have questions, we have answers!
Below we have frequently asked questions for our personal and corporate catering services. We also have a section for our weekly family meal delivery service. If we don’t answer your question here, ask!
Click on question below to expand answer.
- How do I secure your services?A signed contract and 50% deposit is needed for an event date to be held for your event.
- Do you do tastings?Yes, we will provide a tasting of your menu options for a $200 fee. This is a non-refundable fee, which will be applied to your event total should you book with Les Marguerites.
- When is the final guest count due?The final guest count is due seven days prior to the event date.
- When is the final balance due?Final payment is due in full, seven days prior to the event date.
- What form of payment do you accept?We accept cash, check and Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit cards as methods of payment.
- If the guest count goes down prior to the event date, what happens?There will be no refunds if the guest count goes down with less than seven days prior to the event date.
- If the guest count goes up prior to the event date, what happens?If notice is given after the final guest is given (seven days prior) and Les Marguerites is able to accommodate the increase guest count, we will require payment immediately. We may not be able to accommodate increases with less than seven days notice. Guest counts increased on the day of the event will be charged after the event.
- Cancelations, are they allowed?Sure, cancelations are allowed. If the cancelation occurs more than 15 days before the event only 50% of the deposit will be refunded. If the cancelation occurs 15 days or fewer before the event no refund will be issued.
- What is your delivery area?For personal and corporate events (not weekly family meal deliveries) Les Marguerites will deliver to the local San Jose area and up to 30 miles from our commercial kitchen with no additional fee; over 30 miles will incur additional fees.
- Are there any additional fees?Les Marguerites charges an 18% service charge on all orders. The service charge is to cover the cost of equipment, kitchen essentials, energy costs, liability insurance fees, and all necessary permits and other administrative expenses. Additionally, based on the requirements from the California State Board of Equalization we charge the current sales tax on food and beverage, staffing, and service charges.
- Do you operate out of a commercial kitchen?Yes, our commercial kitchen is located at 1721 Rogers Ave, Suite S; San Jose, CA 95112.
- Do you have a health permit?Yes, Les Marguerites has a health permit through the County of Santa Clara, Department of Environmental Health.
- Do you have liability insurance?Yes, we have liability insurance.
- Allergens: Foods prepared may contain milk, egg, fish, crustacean shell fish, tree nuts, wheat, peanuts and soybeans. If you select a product alteration to be free of one of these ingredients, trace amounts may still remain as all items are prepared in a shared commercial kitchen that also processes milk, egg, fish, crustacean shell fish, tree nuts, wheat, peanuts and soybeans.
- Delivery Minimum: We will deliver for a minimum of $60
- Delivery Area: We deliver to San Jose, Milpitas, Santa Clara and Campbell with delivery fees ranging from $0-$40
- Delivery Areas and Fees: Our delivery areas and fees are broken up by zones.
- Zone 1: 95050, 95051, 95053, 95053, 95054, 95101, 95112, 95116, 95122, 95126, 95128, 95131, 95132, 95191, 95192, 95192, 95194 – $Free for orders meeting the $60 minimum, up to $7 for not meeting the minimum
- Zone 2: 95035, 95113, 95121, 95125, 95129, 95134 – $10 for orders meeting the $60 minimum, plus up to $7 extra for not meeting the minimum
- Zone 3: 95008, 95111, 95117, 95118, 95123, 95130, 95136, 95148 – $20 for orders meeting the $60 minimum, plus up to $7 extra for not meeting the minimum
- Zone 4: 95124, 95127, 95119 – $30 for orders meeting the $60 minimum – all orders must meet the minimum of $60 for delivery.
- Zone 5: 95120, 95135, 95138,95139, 95140, 95141 – $40 for orders meeting the $60 minimum – all orders must meet the minimum of $60 for delivery.